Start-up, animal commissioning and post opening operations shall be managed by the promoters (
Size of project: 15 000 m2 of land / 2 million liters of marine water.
As a landmark development in Mauritius, the aquarium project will thus positively contribute to bringing additional value to the country, from an economic, social and environmental standpoint, in different ways:
• It will contribute to the development of the tourism industry
• It will enhance the image of Mauritius as a country which is paying a high consideration to conservation and other highly topical environmental issues.
• It will educate and heighten awareness on biodiversity and the importance of marine life in the region.
• It will introduce a new savoir-faire in an area that requires deep scientific knowledge and sharp technical skills.
• It will offer a new, friendly and innovative space for educational, social and recreational encounters involving , both locals and foreigners.